Working with the Damien Foundation
To detect and cure patients with tuberculosis or leprosy, you need many experts to lend a hand. The Damien Foundation works with competent local personnel. Most of them are agents with the Ministry of Health in the countries concerned. We made our choice knowing full well that the countries where we are active have increasingly more trained and qualified personnel and that local aid is the most efficient, sustainable solution in the long term.
Do you wish to contribute towards increasing our local personnel’s competence ?
We wish to reinforce the management capability of our local collaborators and to give them specialised training and high-quality coaching. We are therefore searching for outstanding, highly qualified candidates from the North or South, doctors with public health training and specialising in leprosy and tuberculosis. We are also looking for administrators with a good grounding in project management.
We are currently looking for a
Medical Advisor – Damien Foundation, Mozambique,
in support of the National Leprosy and TB Programme on provincial level (Tete and Sofala) in Mozambique.
The work involves:
- Co-ordination and technical follow-up of the program in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health.
- Training and monitoring of medical and para-medical personnel.
- Regular field supervision.
- Reinforce the collaboration with the HIV control programme.
- Evaluation and analysis of epidemiological data.
- Budgetary follow-up, reporting and planning.
- Representative of Damien Foundation.
- MD with diploma in Tropical Medicine.
- Public Health diploma or equivalent experience.
- Leprosy and/or TB experience.
- At ease in a multicultural team.
- Experience in similar function desirable.
- Working knowledge of Portuguese desirable.
- Good computer knowledge (Excel, Word).
– Available as soon as possible.
CV and cover letter to Damien Foundation, Mrs. K. Pauwels, bd Leopold II 263, 1081 Brussels, Belgium – fax: +32.2.422.59.00 – e-mail: email@example.com